Appearing offline in a multiplayer game can be useful, especially if you don’t want your friends or employers to know you’re online. In every Riot game, including Valorant, you can see a status under your name in-game that describes your current activity. However, Valorant does not give you the freedom to appear offline or change your in-game status. But in this guide, we will share working methods to appear offline in Valorant so that you can play the game without others knowing.
Use Deceive to appear offline on Valorant
Since there is no official way or method to stay offline while playing Valorant, you must proceed with caution. Riot claims this is a secure method, but given Vanguard’s random behavior it might not work in the future.
By using this method you can see all your friends, chat with them or invite them. However, because you appear offline to them, they cannot do the same. As a result, they cannot find you in their social section in the game.
So, follow the steps below to make yourself invisible in Valorant using Deceive. Before proceeding, make sure your Riot Client is disabled before launching the Deceive app.
- To start the process, you need to do this first to download the Deceive app from GitHub.
- Once you have downloaded the assets, search Deceive.exe and run it as administrator.
- To do that, right click on the .exe file and select the .exe file Run as administrator choice.
- Once you’re done, open the app to see a list of Riot Games. Select Valorant and your game will run with Deceive running in the background.
- By default you are shown as Offline in the game. If you want to change the status, you can click and select the Deceive app in your system tray Status type to change it.
When you are in the game, you will see a friend in your friends list named Deceive Active. This indicates which method worked. You can disable this by quitting the game and closing Deceive from the system tray.
Once you restart the game without Deception, the game will restore your online appearance. Please note, however, that the developer may make changes to Vanguard or their social appearance system to cause this third-party application to not work as intended.
Remove players to appear offline
While the above method of appearing offline on Valorant is unofficial, there is another way you can appear offline to select people without compromising anything. This method requires you to completely remove a friend on Valorant, and here’s how you can do it:
- Run Valorant and look for the player you want to remove under the Friends tab.
- Now right click on their name and click Remove friend in the menu.
- You will now appear offline in the Valorant Friends tab.
That’s everything you need to know about how to play Valorant without staying offline from others. Since Riot Games doesn’t offer status changing options, the above-mentioned methods are the best way to appear offline in Valorant. When blocking players, make sure this is not the case changed their name to Valorant.