Like most games out there, Fortnite has an in-game subscription service called Fortnite Crew. The Crew subscription offers few benefits that any seasoned Fortnite player might prefer. But there may be times when you may want to consider unsubscribing from the service. Now I know the process is supposed to be simple, but the cancellation process involves jumping through a few hoops. That’s why we’ve explained how to cancel your Fortnite Crew subscription in this article.
Cancel Fortnite Crew subscription on PC
Now you have purchased the Fortnite Crew subscription wisely every month and are enjoying the benefits it brings. But if you want to cancel your subscription now, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Epic Games account. Make sure you’re logged into the Epic Games account you use for Fortnite.
- Click on your profile picture top right and go to the settings page.
- On the account settings page, click the Subscriptions option in the left sidebar.
- On the subscription page, click the gear icon above the Fortnite Crew subscription. Then select the option to cancel it.
If you follow the steps above, your Crew subscription will be canceled immediately and you will not be automatically billed at the beginning of the following month.
Cancel Fortnite Crew on Xbox Console
As with PCs, the cancellation process on Xbox and PlayStation consoles is quite simple. However, due to the ecosystem, you will need to follow a few extra steps to cancel your Fortnite Crew subscription. If you are an Xbox console player and would like to opt out of the service, follow these steps:
- Go to the Microsoft Accounts page in a browser of your choice. Once there, make sure you’re signed in to your Microsoft account linked to your Xbox.
- Now click on “Services & Subscriptions” in the top navigation bar. You will now be taken to the page where your active and expired subscriptions are displayed.
- Click on the management option and select the “Disable Recurring Billing” option. This ensures that Fortnite doesn’t charge you money every month.
- You can also cancel the Crew subscription by selecting the option next to it. This will cancel the service completely.
You can cancel your subscription directly from your Xbox by going to the settings via the Guide button, selecting the account option and clicking on the “Subscription” option. There you will find your Fortnite Crew subscription. Click on it and select the option to cancel your subscription.
Cancel Fortnite Crew on PS5/PS4 consoles
If you’re using a PlayStation 5, follow the steps below to cancel your Fortnite Crew subscription:
- From the PS5 dashboard, click the settings cog in the top right corner.
- On the settings page, click on the “Users and accounts” choice.
- On this settings page, go to Payment & Subscription -> Game & App Services to find your active Fortnite Crew subscription.
- Click here on the “Turn off automatic renewaloption to cancel your Crew subscription.
If you’re using PlayStation 4, the process is similar, but the menu options are slightly different:
- On your PS4 dashboard, click the settings icon.
- Now navigate to “Account Management -> Account Information -> Services List” to view your Fortnite Crew subscription.
- Click on the subscription and then click on the ‘Turn off automatic renewal’ option.
You should now have a canceled Fortnite Crew subscription for your PS4 and PS5. These methods should ensure that your subscription is not automatically billed every month. We hope this article helped you cancel your subscription. If you encounter any issues, please let us know in the comments section below so we can assist you.