Are you trying to limit your subscription budget? Well, we all know that Netflix is one of the most expensive OTT services in many countries, so I’m not going to blame you for thinking it’s the one who burns your pocket. However, Netflix has recently cut prices in many countries to take advantage of stiff competition from other streaming services. You can check how much Netflix costs in each country and decide whether to cancel or change your Netflix subscription. This article will tell you how to cancel your Netflix subscription and other things to consider. So if you’re ready to save some cash, let’s get started.
Cancel your Netflix subscription (January 2022)
To cancel a Netflix subscription, you need to access the account settings, which requires a web browser. So if your device has access to a web browser, you can cancel your Netflix membership in a few simple steps. In addition to the important points to consider after canceling your subscription, let’s take a look at how to cancel your Netflix subscription on Android, iOS, and desktop PCs.
Cancel your Netflix subscription in your web browser
Canceling your Netflix subscription is a simple and short process. However, it will not take effect immediately. With Netflix, you can enjoy the subscription until the end of your billing cycle, even after you cancel your subscription. With this in mind, it is better to think about the cancellation in advance in order to avoid additional costs.
When you have finished using Netflix, follow these steps to sign out of a web browser on your Mac, Windows, or Linux laptop or desktop PC.
- Sign in to Netflix using a web browser of your choice. Now go over that Profile icon in the upper right corner and click on “account“.
- Here you can see the “cancel membership“In the” Membership and Billing “section.
- Click on it and confirm your cancellation on the next page. You must click the “Complete Cancellation” button to end your membership on the streaming platform.
On this page you will be asked for the cancellation date, which is also the end of your current billing cycle. Plus, Netflix doesn’t want its customers to leave the platform for good. Therefore, they keep your display settings for 10 months from the date of cancellation. You can restart your membership at any time and continue your experience as you left it.
annotation: If you don’t see the “Unsubscribe” option, it means that your subscription is being processed by a third party customer; B. from your smart TV company or Internet service provider (ISP). In such cases, please contact the service provider to cancel your Netflix subscription.
How to cancel Netflix subscription on Android
The Netflix app on Android has some exclusive settings that are similar to the desktop app. Most of it, however, focuses on downloading content for offline viewing and limiting data usage. However, if you want to change other account-related settings, you will be redirected to a browser page. You can navigate the Netflix app to access account settings by following these steps:
- Sign in to the Netflix app on your Android device. Tap the Profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Choose “account“From the list of options on the profile page. It leads you to the Account setting Page in a web browser. Yes, the Netflix Android app does not contain the account settings and you will now see a cancellation flow similar to the browser method we discussed above.
- Then scroll down and click on “cancel membership” Opportunity.
- Finally, confirm the cancellation on the next page by pressing the blue “Complete cancellation“Button. Then Netflix will show you a confirmation message that says -“We canceled your membership“.
How to cancel Netflix subscription on iPhone
Netflix doesn’t allow you to change account settings from your iPhone, iPad, or other streaming devices. Therefore, you will need to sign in to Netflix using a web browser on your Android phone or PC to access these settings. Then follow the same process as described for the Web browser section.
If you open the Netflix app on your iPhone and tap the profile icon in the top right corner, you’ll see the page in the left screenshot below. Select “Account” here and you will see a read message – “Are you looking for your account settings? Go to Netflix on the web to manage your account. “
Cancel your Netflix subscription on Smart TV
Just like the iPhone or iPad, Netflix is does not allow you to access the account settings page through the app on your smart TV or streaming devices. So you’ll need to sign in to your Netflix account again from a browser window and follow the steps outlined in the Web Browser section above.
Things to Consider When Canceling a Netflix Subscription
It can be annoying to stay away from your monthly dose of entertainment. So if you are making this decision in the heat of the moment, there are a few things to keep in mind when canceling your Netflix subscription:
- The cancellation will take effect after the end of your current billing cycle.
- Removing or not using Netflix will not cancel your subscription or membership. You need to follow the steps in this guide so as not to subscribe to the streaming service and save your money.
- Your Data is stored at Netflix for 10 months if you want to restart your membership in the future.
- If you decide to resume membership, you will need to make a prepayment for the next month.
- Change your Netflix account password if you share an account to prevent someone else from renewing your subscription without your notice.
- If you don’t have an automatic payment option, you can skip further payments without canceling your subscription. There are no additional costs for you to rejoin or renew your membership.
- If your account is blocked, the cancellation will take effect immediately.
- For example, let’s say you used a gift card or a promotional offer to access Netflix. In this case, the streaming service continues the subscription until the card balance is used up. After that, you can choose to continue membership and enjoy the best movies and best TV series on Netflix.
Instead, change your Netflix membership plan
Netflix has multiple subscription levels. So if you’re on the Premium or Standard plan, you can downgrade it to the Basic plan to save some money. And in some countries, like India, the Philippines or Vietnam, you can also opt for a cheaper cell-only tariff to further maximize your savings. That depends entirely on your original purpose of canceling your Netflix subscription. Here’s a comparison of the top three Netflix subscription plans and the perks they offer viewers.
If you’re willing to compromise on device limitations and lower video quality, it’s better to switch to a cheaper plan to cut your costs. That way, you don’t have to miss out on the binge-watching experience developed by Netflix.
Unsubscribe from Netflix: Frequently Asked Questions
How do I cancel Netflix on my phone?
You can navigate to the Account Settings option through the Netflix app on your phone, which opens the settings in a browser. There is no direct way to cancel your Netflix subscription through the app on your phone, especially not on the iPhone. Uninstalling the app doesn’t help either.
Will Netflix charge you if I cancel my subscription?
There is no additional costs for canceling a Netflix subscription. However, you will be able to use your subscription until the last date of the billing cycle as there will be no refunds for your existing subscription.
How do I stop Auto-Renewal on Netflix?
You can use a payment method that requires authentication for every payment, such as a debit card. Otherwise, you can cancel the “standing order” for Netflix Internet banking payments or ask your bank provider to cancel the Netflix payments. The last option is to cancel the subscription to avoid additional billing.
Can I cancel Netflix at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your Netflix account at any time. However, if you sign out of Netflix or delete the app, your subscription will not be canceled.
The easiest ways to cancel your Netflix subscription
There can be many reasons to cancel your Netflix subscription. You may be moving to another country, teaming up with other family members to use an account, or wanting to try other Netflix alternatives like Disney +, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video. Either way, canceling a Netflix subscription is faster than cooking two-minute pasta. We have covered all of the steps in this article and hope they will help you cancel your membership. If this guide has proven helpful, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family in need. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below and we’ll help you out.