Personalizing your posts is the best way to stand out from the crowd on a social media platform like Instagram. Whether you’re a content creator or just starting out, it’s helpful to know how to change the background color of your Instagram story. That’s why in this guide we list some different and creative ways to do this.
Change the background color on Instagram Story to a solid color
If you want to post an image on a solid colored background to your Instagram Story, follow these steps:
1. In the Story panel, click any photo.
2. Now tap on the horizontal three-dot icon at the top right corner and select Draw.
3. Then you will see different colors in the bottom panel. You can select someone from this list or long press on a color to reveal the full color palette.
4. Once you have selected the solid color you want, simply long press the center of the story and the color will change to that specific color. Then tap Finished top right.
5. Now that your solid background color is set, it’s time to select the image you want to share in your story. To do this, tap the Sticker icon top right.
6. In the pop-up panel, tap the ‘Upload Image’ sticker.
7. Now select the image you want to upload and resize it using two-finger gestures. You can also tap the uploaded image to see more frame options. Then decorate your story with text or extra stickers. You are now ready to share the story.
Change the background color on Instagram Story to a gradient
Several people prefer gradients over solid colors, and if you are one of them, learn to set a gradient as your Instagram story background:
1. For a gradient background, tap the Create (Aa) icon in the left panel of your Instagram Story creation section.
2. You will immediately see a gradient background appear on your screen. Tap the small colored circle in the bottom right corner to cycle through the different gradient templates.
3. Once you come across the gradient you want to use as your wallpaper, tap the sticker icon at the top and select the ‘upload image’ sticker again.
4. Then, just like you did when selecting a solid background color, select the image you want to upload. Once you’re done resizing and positioning it the way you want, your Instagram Story is now ready to share.
Use Camera Roll Photo as wallpaper on Instagram Story
Whether you want to add multiple photos to your Instagram story or if you want to do something different with it, you can also use images from your camera roll as wallpaper. Here’s how:
1. First and foremost: tap the small square icon in the bottom left corner of the screen to create your Instagram Story.
2. Next select the image that you want to use as a story background.
3. Now tap on the Sticker icon at the top and select the sticker for uploading images to select the photo you want to add on top of your story background. That is it.
Get creative with Instagram Story backgrounds
There are a few things you can use to your advantage to bring out that creative side in you. To do this, you can do that use the eraser in the Instagram story editing options. I’ll show you how:
1. First select the image you want to share in your story.
2. Then use the “Draw” tool, which we showed in the first section, and place a plain background on top of the image, preferably a color that goes well with the color scheme of your image.
3. Now tap on the Eraser icon at the top and swipe your fingers across the screen to reveal the image below.
Well, now that you’ve seen my noob attempt at doing something creative with Instagram story backgrounds, you’ll get an idea of how you can improve the way you present your content. You can do a lot of different things, like add music to your Instagram stories to make them even more aesthetic. You can also consult our guide save Instagram story with music if you need help in that area. Let me know in the comments if this guide helped you or not.