Snapchat’s My AI is a great feature that lets you experience the power of generative AI in a messaging app. However, it can get boring to interact with the same AI chatbot with a purple face and green hair streaks. For this reason, Snapchat allows you to customize the My AI chatbot to your liking. Snapchat also gives you the freedom to change the gender of the AI chatbot, which is exactly what we’ll show you how to do in this guide. So, without further ado, let’s dive right in.
Steps to change the gender of Snapchat AI
In this section, I’ll show you how to change the gender of the Snapchat AI chatbot in three easy steps. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Snapchat, go to the chat section and tap the MyAI avatar. Then swipe down on the “To adjust” option to reveal more features.
2. Select “Avatar” from the two options that appear. From the Avatar menu, select female (top) or male (bottom) as the gender of your Snapchat AI chatbot.
3. Once selected, you can fully customize your AI chatbot to your liking. You can choose the hair color, eyebrow color, hairstyle, dress color and much more to make the AI truly yours. When you are satisfied with the result, tap the “To rescue” button in the top right corner of your screen.
And that’s it! You have successfully changed the gender of My AI on Snapchat. While that’s easy to do the first time, you can’t follow the same steps to revert to your originally assigned gender. These steps only apply if you are changing the gender of My AI for the first time. To change it again, you will need to follow another set of steps, which we have described below.
Reassign Snapchat My AI gender
1. From the My AI Snapchat friendship profile, tap the horizontal three-dot icon at the top right.
2. Then tap “Avatar settings” and select the gender of your choice. That is it.
Just like you can change the gender, you can now also change the name of the Snapchat AI. These simple customization options allow you to have a more personalized experience with the chatbot. So instead of feeling like you’re talking to a bot, now you can humanize the AI a bit for a better experience. However, if you are not a fan of the chatbot, you can remove Snapchat AI by following our guide. Let us know in the comments section if this guide helped you.