There are times when you are no longer happy with your current username on a social media platform and prefer a new one. Snapchat, like other popular messaging apps, offers a way to change your name. What you can change, however, is your Snapchat display name, rather than the username you set when you created the account. If you’re looking for a way to change your Snapchat username, read on to find out how.
Change your Snapchat username (2022)
For security reasons, Snapchat doesn’t allow you to change your username. However, you can change your display name which will appear on your profile and will be visible to your friends and other Snapchat users. However, if you are absolutely sure that you need to change your Snapchat username, we have detailed what you can do in the section below.
Snapchat display name vs. username
Before we go through the steps to change your Snapchat display name and username, let’s briefly discuss the difference between the two. Your Display name is your Snapchat profile namewhat users see in the conversation window. Not only can you change your own display name, but others can change your display name on their site as well.
As for your Snapchat username, choose a unique name the first time you create an account. But if you’re wondering now Is there any way to change your Snapchat username? Well, we’ve answered your question in detail in the section below, so read on to find out more.
How to change Snapchat display name (Android and iOS)
1. Open Snapchat and tap your Bitmoji icon in the top left. From the profile page, Tap the settings icon in the upper right corner.
2. Under “My Account” settings, Tap Name to change your display name. While you might be tempted to tap the Username field at the bottom of the Snapchat settings, in that case nothing will happen and you won’t be able to change it here.
3. Now all you have to do is enter a new Snapchat display name and Press the green “Save” button.
4. After you have saved the new display name, it will immediately appear on your Snapchat profile, as you can see in the following image:
Change Snapchat Username (Android and iOS)
Unfortunately that is The only viable way to really change your Snapchat username is to delete your Snapchat account and create a new one. Please refer to the linked guide for instructions on how to delete your Snapchat account. While it’s not complicated to create a new account, the downside of this approach is that you won’t be able to transfer your data to the new account and instead have to start over. Here are the steps to create a new Snapchat account.
1. Delete your current Snapchat account by following the instructions in the guide linked above. Then, Click the “Login” button from the home screen. On the next page, enter your first and last name and tap the “Sign in and accept” button.
2. After entering your name, you will need to add your birthday information. You can use the included date picker to enter your birthday and tap Next to continue.
3. Well, Please enter a new username and set a password. As mentioned above, You can’t change your Snapchat username later, and it would be a good idea to choose a username that you won’t regret later.
4. Enter your email address to complete the registration process. You also have the option to use your phone number and authenticate using OTP instead. And that’s it. You have successfully learned the solution to change your Snapchat username.
Easily change your name in Snapchat
While it’s disappointing that you can’t change your username on Snapchat, most users will likely be happy with the option to change the display name. If you are sure of changing your Snapchat username, the only way to do it is by creating a new account. While you’re at it, don’t forget to check out our guide on how to restore your Snapchat account in case you lose access to an old account. If you have any other questions, feel free to share them in the comments section below.