When you buy an iPhone, you’re not just buying a mobile phone, you’re also buying a promise of quality and support from Apple. Our iPhones keep us connected, informed and entertained, making them indispensable companions. But have you ever wondered what your iPhone’s warranty is? Understanding the warranty status of your iPhone is essential, whether you’re troubleshooting, upgrading your device, or just curious about its coverage. So let’s learn how to check iPhone warranty status.
1. Check the iPhone warranty status through Settings
If your iPhone is running iOS 16.4 or later, you can go to the iPhone Settings app to view coverage information for your iPhone and any Apple devices paired with it. Here’s how to do this:
- Open the Settings app and tap General.
- In the General Settings menu, tap the About option to view your iPhone’s information.
2. Check the iPhone warranty using the Apple Support app
The Apple Support app (To downloadFree) is designed to help users solve problems with their products and services. You can get personalized help for devices like iPhones, iPads, Macs and more. In addition to all these proven services, you can also check the warranty status of your iPhone through the app. Here’s how:
- Open the Apple Support app and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap your iPhone name under the ‘My devices’ section.
- Tap here on the Device details option under your iPhone’s model name.
- Then you will see your Coverage information on the next page. Here you can read whether your iPhone is still under warranty or whether the coverage has expired.
3. Check the iPhone warranty via the Coverage website
Apple’s Check Coverage website is a central place to check the warranty status of your iPhone and other Apple products. All you have to do is enter your iPhone’s serial number and you can view the warranty information, whether you qualify for Apple Care (with lower costs for iPhone 15 rear window replacement), extended warranty services and whether repairs and service are still covered. Here’s how it works:
- Go to Apple check the coverage website in your favorite web browser.
- Now enter your The serial number of the iPhonefill it in captcha codeand click send.
Remark: You can find your iPhone’s serial number by going to Settings -> General -> About on your iPhone.
- Here you can see if your iPhone is still under warranty or if the coverage has expired.
4. Check the iPhone warranty status via the support website
- Visit the Apple My Support website and log in with the same Apple ID as your iPhone.
- Here, select the iPhone whose warranty information you want to check.
- Now scroll down to the Repair and Service Coverage section and you will get the message Estimated Due Date of the warranty on your iPhone.
So these are all methods to check the warranty status of your iPhone. Staying informed about the warranty status of your device ensures that you are prepared for unforeseen circumstances. Knowing warranty coverage can save you time, money and unnecessary stress, whether it’s hardware failure or battery replacement.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the iPhone’s official warranty?
All Apple hardware products and accessories come with a one-year limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use according to Apple’s published guidelines.
How do I claim my Apple warranty?
To claim warranty coverage for your Apple product, you can contact Apple Customer Support online or visit your nearest Apple Authorized Service Center.