Download How to connect or disconnect Spotify and Facebook for free
If you are using both Spotify and Facebook, you may be wondering how to connect or disconnect Spotify and Facebook. By linking both accounts, you can easily log into Spotify from anywhere without having to remember a separate password, and find and follow your friends.
Continue reading: How to create collaborative playlists on Spotify
Open the Spotify desktop app to connect Spotify to Facebook. Open the Friendly Name drop-down list and click ideas. Scroll down to the highlighted section Social. click on CONNECT TO FACEBOOK Button. This will open a Facebook login popout where you will log into your Facebook account to link it.
To completely disconnect Spotify from Facebook, you need to have created your Spotify account with an email address and then connected it to Facebook. If this applies to you, open the Spotify desktop app and go to ideas. Scroll down to Social and click on the button with the text CONNECT FACEBOOK.
How to Connect Spotify to Facebook
For the uninitiated, Spotify offers the option of logging in with a Facebook account. This would of course automatically connect and integrate Spotify and Facebook.
However, many need to connect Facebook to Spotify separately if they have signed up with an email address. If this is the case for you, here’s how to connect Spotify to Facebook:
- Open the Spotify desktop app.
- Open the Friendly Name drop-down list and click ideas.
- Scroll down to the highlighted section Social.
- click on CONNECT TO FACEBOOK Button. This will open a Facebook login popout where you will log into your Facebook account to link it.
Curtis Joe / Android Authority
How to Unpair Spotify from Facebook
The option to disconnect Spotify from Facebook is only available to those who created their Spotify account with an email and then connected their Facebook account. If this is the case for you, please open the Spotify desktop app and go to ideas. Scroll down to Social and click on the button with the text CONNECT FACEBOOK.
If you originally created your Spotify account with a Facebook account, no CONNECT FACEBOOK Button appears below Social.
Continue reading: Using Spotify Gift Cards
frequently asked Questions
Does Facebook have Spotify?
While Spotify and Facebook are heavily integrated, there is no connection on the ownership side of things. Spotify doesn’t own Facebook – or Meta.
Can I log into Spotify using services other than Facebook?
Yes! If you associate Spotify with an Apple ID or a Google account, you can use it to sign in.
Is there any way I can remove Spotify from accessing my Facebook account?
Go to Facebook Settings and data protection. In Settings and data protection, Select ideas. In ideas, scroll down to Apps and websites. on Apps and website, Find Spotify and choose Extinguish.
Can I change my Spotify login from Facebook to email?
If you’ve created your account on Facebook and want to switch to email login, there is a well-known way.
- Sign out of your Spotify account on the Spotify website.
- Go to the Spotify login page and click Forgot Password? be redirected to Spotify reset Password Page.
- under Email address or username, enter the email address associated with your Facebook account. If you are not sure what it is, please log back into your account via Facebook, go to your Spotify Account overview Section and find the email listed there.
- Reset your password using the email link.
- Disconnect Spotify on Facebook.
- Go back to the Spotify login page and use the password and email reset to log into your account.
Will disabling Facebook affect Spotify?
Yes. If you deactivate your Facebook account, you will not be able to log into Spotify using Facebook. However, if you still remember the email address on your Facebook account, you can check your Spotify account.
After disabling Facebook, go to Spotify’s reset Password Click on the page Forgot Password? Enter the email address associated with your Facebook account to receive a new Spotify password. You can now log into your Spotify account with this access data.