Like every year, Apple brought some exclusive Pro hardware features iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max that caught everyone’s attention. We’re talking the Titanium frame, sleek design, all-new A17 Pro chipset, an exciting 5x telephoto lens and more. Of all the bells and whistles added to the iPhone 15 Pro models, the Action button remains a prominent and striking feature. It is undoubtedly a useful addition to start an action on your iPhone. That said, you may accidentally hold the Action button and trigger a feature unintentionally. Honestly, it’s quite annoying. To escape from such situations, you need to disable the Action button on iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max. I’ll show you how it’s done.
It’s quite easy to disable the action button on the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. To do this, you need to configure the action button in the iPhone settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now scroll down and tap Action button.
- Here you will see various actions you can perform with the Action button on iPhone 15 Pro. Just swipe left until you see the No action choice.
- And that’s it! If you don’t set an action for the action button, the button will be completely disabled. No function is performed when you press the button.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which iPhones have the action button?
Only iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max have the action button. No other iPhone, including the iPhone 15 or iPhone 15 Plus, has this button.
2. What are the options for the Action button on iPhone 15 Pro?
Below are the action button options on iPhone 15 Pro models:
- Enable/disable Silent Mode.
- Turn on the flashlight.
- Use the Magnifying Glass feature to zoom in on objects near you.
- Turn the focus mode on/off.
- Capture a voice memo.
- Open the camera app with a certain mode.
- Open an app or run your favorite shortcut.
- Quickly use an accessibility feature.
- Do not perform any action.
3. How do I customize the action button on my iPhone 15 Pro?
The Action button on iPhone 15 Pro models is a programmable keyboard shortcut that lets you put your iPhone in Silent Mode, open an app, record a voice memo, or perform another function. To customize the Action button on iPhone 15 Pro, open it Settings app and tap Action button. You can then assign a function to the Action button from the list of available actions. There are countless options customize the action button on iPhone 15 Pro models.
So you can see how easy and quick it is to disable the action button on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro models. If you experience any issues with the action button, please contact us in the comments below. Don’t miss our guide on how to make it iPhone 15 Pro’s action button is more useful.