Do you get frustrated when you let your friends use Apple Music on your iPhone and their poor song choices negatively impact your personal music recommendation? Not anymore, because with iOS 17 installed on your iPhone you can create a Focus Mode that disables your Apple Music history and prevents others’ bad song choices from influencing your recommendations. Keep reading to learn how to use the new iOS 17 focus filter to temporarily disable your Apple Music listening history.
Create a custom focus mode in iOS 17 on iPhone
To automatically disable Apple Music history with just a few taps, your iPhone must be running at least iOS 17.2 or the latest available firmware. That said, here’s how to disable Apple Music listening history using a focus filter:
- Open the Settings app and tap the Focus option.
- Here, tap the “+” button at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, tap Custom choice from the list of options to create a new focus filter.
- On the next screen, give your Focus mode a name, symbol and color, then tap the Next button at the bottom.
- Here, tap the Adjust Focus button at the bottom to adjust the new focus mode.
- Scroll down and tap the ‘Add filter’ button under the Focus Filters section.
- Choose Music from the available list of options.
- Make sure the switch next to Use Listening History is turned off tap the Add button in the top right corner to confirm the addition of the music focus filter.
And that’s it; the next time someone asks your iPhone to play songs on Apple Music, just enable this custom focus mode and your Apple Music algorithm will remain unaffected.
How to Enable Custom Focus Mode on iPhone
Now that you have created a custom focus filter to protect your Apple Music history, it is also necessary to know how to enable it on your iPhone. Here’s how:
- Unlock your iPhone and swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to open Control Center.
- Here, tap and hold the Focus tile. Then choose the custom focus mode you created in the steps above.
And that’s it. We are sure by now you have understood how this allows you to set and use a custom focus mode on your iPhone new iOS 17 feature. Once you enable this focus, you can rest assured that the songs other people play won’t ruin your recommendations.