Assassin’s Creed Mirage delivers gameplay that returns to the franchise’s roots, bringing back old mechanics like bribery and pairing them with new features like the token system. These tokens are an item that you collect at various points throughout the game and help you gain favors from people in different situations. However, tokens are an inexhaustible resource, so you need to collect them regularly. And this might catch you off guard, as the game barely tells you how to do that. But fear not, because we have shared three methods to get favor tokens in AC Mirage. So if you’re out of one and want to get more, read on.
Get Favor Tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage
There are three ways to earn tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage. These tokens help you in different situations. Some reduce the cost of purchasing items, while others help you remove your in-game fame. Although the usefulness of these items is limited, they are useful in many ways. If you run out of tokens, you can obtain them through these methods.
1. Complete contract requests with Hideouts
When you visit hideouts in Assassin’s Creed Mirage, you will see a board where you can choose different jobs. Requirements are set by the client for every job. If you successfully complete and fulfill the customer’s request, you will be rewarded with tokens.
Each task yields a different token, so choose and complete the ones that give you the token you want. Once completed, more tasks will be listed there so you can always return and pick up some more tokens. Moreover, this method also offers you some fun and engaging experiences during the game once you complete the main game.
2. Loot chests around the world
Following in the footsteps of the older games, Assassin’s Creed Mirage has done just that chests scattered across the map. These chests provide various items. Sometimes they provide you with materials to upgrade your weapons and tools. Other times it could be armor or a weapon.
You can get tokens from these chests in the same way. Because the contents of the chests are random, it’s difficult to determine exactly which chests you can get tokens from in Assassin’s Creed Mirage. However, if you don’t have them anymore, turn on your eagle vision and find a chest.
3. Pickpocket to get AC Mirage tokens
The last and easiest step to collect favor tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage is through pickpocketing. The pickpocket system has returned in this title and there is an additional mini-game associated with it. While the mini-game isn’t complex, it does make pickpocketing an engaging player experience. Moreover, you cannot pickpocket everyone and only a few people in the crowd. Follow these steps to obtain tokens via this method:
- Scan your immediate environment with Eagle Vision. This highlights the pockets of people you can pickpocket. The gold ones contain the tokens.
- Go to the person with the highlighted bag and press Triangle/Y to start pickpocketing.
- Press Triangle/Y again when the line is within the blue area. If you do this, you can successfully pickpocket someone.
Like chests, pickpocket tokens are randomly distributed. However, this is the easiest and most sure way to collect tokens from people. The game often offers them to you alongside sellable trinkets if you successfully pickpocket. Therefore, try to follow this method if you run out of tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage.
Using Favor Tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage
Many may ask a general question: what is the use of these tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirage? After all, you can often get them if you pickpocket at random intervals. And chances are you’ll randomly pickpocket someone of your own free will.
Tokens are used to obtain favors from people in the game. Because the citizens of Baghdad are secretly plotting against the Order, these tokens are of great importance to them. They are only given to people who have great significance in the city. If you own tokens, you will receive unconditional help from these people. There are three types of tokens in Assassin’s Creed Mirageand each serves a different purpose:
- The yellow chips are called the power tokens. These are generally used for hiring mercenaries to distract enemies at a stronghold or paying off guards to look the other way as you sneak in. Additionally, power tokens help remove prominence in the game by bribing the city speakers.
- The gray chips are called scholar tokens. These are used to hire court singers and scholars from Baghdad. They can help distract the guards while you carry out your assassination duties.
- The green chips are called merchant tokens. As the name says, you can use them with merchants to receive discounts on items or upgrade purchases.
Not only that, tokens are used to bribe individuals in certain parts of the main storyline. As such, it never hurts to have them in your possession, and you’ll find yourself using them quite often. Hopefully, these methods will help you collect tons of tokens to help you in your Baghdad adventures in Assassin’s Creed Mirage (read review).