Download How to Fix ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ on iPhone 13 (2021) for free
Are you getting the “Last line no longer available” error on your iPhone 13 repeatedly when you try to call from your default phone number? Relax, because you are not the only one facing this persistent problem. Several iPhone 13 owners have complained about this error on iOS 15. While the issue is reportedly common on the iPhone 13 series, it also affects older iPhone models running iOS 15. As always, we’ve put together a guide to help you fix the “Last line no longer available” error on iPhone 13. unload. So let’s go to the troubleshooting mode and check out some viable solutions to fix the problem!
9 Tips to Fix “Last Line No Longer Available” iPhone Error (2021)
Getting the hang of the problem is key to getting to the root of the problem and finding a possible solution. That’s why we talked about what could be the possible reason for this persistent error before learning the different ways to fix the problem.
What Causes “Last Line No Longer Available” Issue on iPhone?
There is nothing new about the “Last line no longer available” error as it has been around on Apple iPhone since iOS 12. affected dual-sim supported iPhone models, including iPhone XR, iPhone XS, XS Max, iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro, and 13 Pro Max.
When a user tries to call from the default line through the phone app’s recent logs, an error message appears on the screen that reads: “Last line no longer available. Do you want to call with your remaining line?”
For those who don’t know, iOS allows you to set your default line (phone number), which iMessage and FaceTime use when you have two active SIM cards on your device. In addition, the iPhone allows you to use the default line when you make a call or send a message to someone who isn’t in your Contacts app. Depending on your needs, you can choose to set your default line for calls and messages and use the other line for mobile data only.
The bug prevents users from calling contact using their preferred SIM card. Therefore, they are forced to use the remaining line for that purpose. Well, we will show you how to fix the “Last line no longer available” error on your recently purchased iPhone 13.
Fix ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ Error on iPhone 13
1. Turn Airplane Mode On/Off
Believe it or not, Airplane Mode is my troubleshooter for solving network-related issues on iPhone. If there is an occasional outage related to the network, resetting the radios does it for me – more often than not. So make sure to give this handy hack a try before moving on to other solutions below.
- Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen (on iPhones without a home button) to access to the control center and tap the Flight mode icon to enable it.
- After waiting a few seconds, tap the airplane mode icon to turn it off and re-enable your network connection. Now try calling a contact using the desired SIM card on your iPhone to check if the “last line no longer available” issue is resolved.
2. Clear your recent call log
Several iPhone users who encountered the “Last line no longer available” error have reported that clearing the recent call log worked for them. While it may sound a bit weird, we have come across some out-of-the-box solutions that have helped in solving problems in the past. So don’t miss this one either.
- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone, go to the Recents tab at the bottom, and tap “Edit” in the top right corner of the screen. Then tap “Erase” in the top left corner of the screen. Then select the “Delete everything” option to confirm the deletion. Now reboot your iPhone.
- Once your device has rebooted, try calling from the default line. If the popup does not appear, you have solved the problem.
3. Force Restart Your iPhone
Forced restart (also known as hard reset) flushes the cache and deletes useless temporary files, which often works in fix many iOS problems, on your iPhone. So give this handy solution a chance.
- On iPhone 8 or later: Press the Volume Up button. Then quickly press the Volume Down button. After that, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- On iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- On iPhone 6s/6 Plus or earlier: Press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time until the screen goes black and the Apple logo appears.
4. Try switching between SIM cards
iOS allows you to switch between SIM cards for calling purposes. Even if you have set a default line for calls and messages, you can choose to change it. If the “Last line no longer available” issue still prevents you from making calls from the default line, try switching SIM cards on your iPhone.
- Crane the “i” button next to the contact you want to call -> your default phone number -> alternative number.
- When you manually dial a phone number, tap the primary phone number and choose the alternative SIM card.
5. Update provider settings
Another solution that you should try to fix the “Last line no longer available” issue on your iOS device is: update carrier settings. It is possible that the problem is related to a carrier network, which can be solved by updating the carrier setting on your device. The good news is that carrier carriers often release updates to improve the overall performance of the mobile network and fix random issues.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and navigate to General -> About. Now you can get a notification asking you to update the carrier settings.
- Then press “Updating” at the pop-up prompt, and you’re good to go!
6. Remove and reinsert your SIM card
None of the above solutions helped to solve the problem for you? Well, remove the SIM card and reinsert it. You can often solve mobile problems by using this age-old trick. Turn off your iPhone and then use a SIM card removal tool to pull out the SIM card tray. Now wait a few seconds and reinsert the physical SIM card.
After that, press and hold the power button to turn on your device. Now place a call using the default line on your iPhone and see if you still get the “Last line no longer available” error or not.
7. Reset Network Settings
Whenever I run into a network related problem, the only hack I definitely try is: reset network settings to factory defaults. Since the “Last line no longer available” error also appears to be related to the e-SIM, we recommend that you try this trick as well.
- Go to the Settings app –> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
- Now enter the passcode of your device and select the “Reset network settings” again in the popup to confirm your selection.
8. Reset all settings
When Basic Tips Won’t Fix Common iOS Problem, clear all existing settings and resetting the device from scratch can help. Therefore, we recommend that you try this solution in addition to the “Last line no longer available” error on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone -> General -> Transfer or reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset all settings.
- Now enter your device passcode and tap on “Reset all settings” one more time to finish.
9. Update software
Today, most iOS versions come with a large number of bugs. While some will be fixed by later updates, others, especially the less reported updates, will remain for a long time. By the way, there are a few bugs that pop up from time to time, and we have some of the most common iOS 15 problems and their solution in the linked article. While it may sound critical of Apple’s mobile operating system, it’s the harsh reality.
If you are still experiencing the error when calling from the standard line, there is probably a bug behind this issue. Therefore, updating the software may solve the problem.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone -> General -> Software Update and download and install the latest version of iOS.
Fix “Last line no longer available” issue in iOS 15 or later
So yes, these are pretty much all the tips and tricks you can use to fix the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error on your iPhone 13 or older iPhone model. As we mentioned above, the problem is most likely network related. So tips like resetting network settings or updating carrier settings are more likely to fix the problem. Let me know which solution you used to fix the “Last line no longer available” error on your iPhone. Moreover, let us know in the comments below what other solutions can help you fix this annoying issue.