How to Get the Deep Dark Caves and Ancient City in Minecraft Right Now
Minecraft players around the world are celebrating the arrival of the Warden in Minecraft† And if you want to join the party and enjoy the new deep dark cave in Minecraft, you have come to the right place. Our step-by-step guide will help you install the experimental snapshot and get access to Minecraft 1.19 mob boss Warden and the deep dark cave features right away. Do keep in mind that this snapshot is only available for Java users. The Bedrock and Minecraft Preview users might have to wait for a few more weeks to get these features. With that said, let’s dive straight into figuring out how to check out deep dark caves and Ancient City in Minecraft today.
Get the Deep Dark Cave Features in Minecraft (2022)
As mentioned earlier, this tutorial is only for players on Minecraft Java edition, which is available for Linux, macOS, and Windows. So, if you are not on a supported platform or the Bedrock edition, it’s best to wait for the official update. If that’s not the case, continue reading and learn how to get Minecraft 1.19’s deep dark features.
Requirements to Test Deep Dark and Warden in Minecraft
To install and run the deep dark experimental snapshot, you need the following:
- Official Minecraft Java with the latest game launcher (Gamepass edition also works)
- A PC running Linux, macOS, or Windows with specifications that can run the Minecraft 1.18 Update
- backups of your existing worlds as they might not be compatible with the snapshot
Additionally, keep in mind that the features in these snapshots are experimental. So, you can expect some bugs, glitches, and even crashes while trying it out. Not to forget, everything from new mobs to structures is not final yet, and the final release can look very different from the snapshots.
How to Install Minecraft Experimental Snapshot (with Pictures)
Unlike regular snapshots that appear in the game launcher automatically, you have to install the experimental snapshots manually. Follow these steps to get deep dark features in Minecraft:
1. First, download the official snapshot zip file by clicking here† then, extract the zip file and find the folder that has a file with a “.json” extension. you can use software like WinZip to extract the zip archive.
2. Now, you need to copy and paste the folder with JSON file in the versions folder of your Minecraft directory. Depending upon your platform, you can access the location using the following methods:
Open the run prompt using Windows shortcut Win + R and paste the following address: %appdata%.minecraftversions
In the finder, select the “go to folder” command in the “Go” menu and input: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/versions
Use the built-in file explorer and reach the directory: ~/.minecraft/versions or /home/username/.minecraft/versions
3. Then, open the Minecraft launcher and click on the “installations” option in the Java Edition section.
4. Here, make sure to turn on the “modded” option under “Versions”. Then, click on the “new installation” option. Doing so will allow you to create a separate game section with Minecraft 1.19 deep dark features.
5. After that, enter a suitable name for your installation and select the 1.19 snapshot from the version dropdown menu. Then, click on the “Create” button.
6. Finally, click on the “Play” button next to your newly created snapshot installation to open the game. When you load it for the first time, it will download a few files and can take a few minutes to load.
How to Find Deep Dark Caves and Ancient City
You can use the following steps to find the Deep Dark caves, the home of the Warden, in Minecraft:
1. Open Minecraft and use the “Create New World” option as your existing worlds aren’t compatible with this snapshot.
2. Then, within your new world, press the “T” key to open chat. In the chat, type “/locatebiome minecraft:deep_dark, and hit the Enter key. The game will now show you the coordinates to the deep dark biome.
3. Once you have the coordinates, you can teleport to them using the command “/tp XYZ”† Here X and Z are coordinates that you just discovered. Meanwhile, Y is the block height. To reach the deep dark, the Y height should be at least -15. you can learn how to teleport in minecraft using our linked guide.
4. Once you are in the deep dark, explore until you discover the ancient city. Alternatively, you can open your chat and use this command to find its coordinates: “/locate ancient_city† Then, you can use these coordinates to again teleport with the “/tp XYZ” command.
Seed & Coordinates
If you don’t want to do the manual work of finding the new biome and structure, we already have a seed ready for you. You can use this seed to create a new world. Within it, the related coordinates will help you quickly reach the ancient city in the deep dark caves and meet the Warden in Minecraft 1.19 Snapshot 1.
- Seed Code: -7575494231658162107
- Ancient City Coordinates: X: 364, Y: -39, Z: -607
- Common Warden Spawn Coordinates: X: 477, Y: -41, Z: -654
- Deep Dark Caves Coordinates: X: 570, Y: -27, Z: -623
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Are Minecraft Snapshots and Beta the Same?
Beta versions of Minecraft refer to only the early access versions of the Bedrock edition. Meanwhile, the snapshots refer to the early versions of the Java editions. Moreover, the experimental snapshots are, in a way, the alpha versions of upcoming updates.
Q. When Are Minecraft Snapshots Released?
Minecraft Beta and snapshots arrive weeks and sometimes, even months before the official updates. Once the snapshot release series starts, players can expect a snapshot almost every week from the developers. Though, most of them focus on bug fixes only.
Q. When is Minecraft 1.19 coming out?
Even though we don’t have an official release date for Minecraft 1.19 The Wild updateseveral leaks point towards an early release of April 2022. But there is no official confirmation of the same.
Visit the Deep Dark in Minecraft Right Away
With that, you are now ready to venture into the deep dark biome of minecraft 1.19† But do make sure to carry some of the best minecraft potions to protect you from what resides in that biome. Beyond the biome, you can also meet the warden and the blocks using this snapshot. Moreover, you can use our guide to install any of the upcoming Minecraft experimental snapshots easily. So, do make sure to bookmark this page for future reference. With that said, what are you most excited to see in the wild update? Tell us using the comments below!