Over the years, players have come up with a variety of automatic farms to collect XP and collect items in Minecraft. However, almost none of the farms are as fruitful and powerful as an Enderman farm. This farm utilizes an entire dimension to help you collect tons of experience and a lot of Ender pearls in no time. At times, it can even compete with the Sculk XP farm in Minecraft. And the best part is that it does all the work for you while you are AFK. With that, it’s time to learn how to make an Enderman farm in Minecraft in the easiest way.
Make An Enderman Farm in Minecraft (2022)
Making an Enderman farm, in itself, means creating multiple more mechanics and structures. So, to avoid any confusion, we have covered the various segments of the farm in individual parts. First, let’s look at where you need to travel to make this farm.
Where To Make a Minecraft Enderman Farm
Endermen are the only mob in Minecraft that naturally spawns in all three dimensions of the game. But they most commonly found in the End dimension, which is also home to the Ender Dragon. You can use one of the best minecraft 1.19 speedrun seeds to find the stronghold and activate the portal to the End dimension. Once you kill the End dragon, no mob, other than the Endermen, spawn in this dimension.
Because of their uninterrupted spawn and a higher spawn rate, we will make the Enderman farm inside the End dimension or minecraft. You can enter it by finding stronghold portals that are spread across the world of Minecraft. using some Minecraft commands might speed up the process.
Items You Need to Make Enderman Farm in Minecraft
You need the following items to make an Enderman farm in Minecraft:
- Two Stacks of Leaves Blocks or Glass Blocks
- Two Stacks of carpet
- a minecart
- one Rail
- one name tag
- Twelve hoppers
- three chests
- 16 enderpearls (at least)
- one Iron Bar
- eight trapdoors
- Thirty-Two fences
- Twenty-One Stacks of Building Blocks (any 1344 solid blocks)
- Optional: Additional blocks for temporary structures
- Optional: Pumpkin helmet (to avoid triggering Endermen)
In the above-mentioned list, the term refers to a collection of 64 copies of that item. So, even though they are common, it might take you a while to collect all these items. Moreover, we would suggest you bring them to the End dimension only after defeating the dragon to avoid any serious loss.
How to Make Enderman Farm in Minecraft
In this article, the design we are covering for the Enderman farm is based on the YouTuber iJevin‘s design. But we are going to make a few modifications of our own to upgrade it for your ease.
Make The Item Collection Area for The Farm
Follow these steps to make the base area for the Enderman farm:
1. To begin, start placing leaves blocks from one edge of the main end island. You have to place them in a straight line, creating a bridge of 128 blocks. Alternatively, you can also use glass blocks, as Endermen can’t spawn on either of them.
2. Then, right next to the last block, create a 9 x 9 block platform that has a 3 x 3 block wide hole in the middle.
3. After that, fill the hole by placing hoppers inside it. Make sure each row of the hopper is connected and pointing towards the bridge of leaves blocks. You then need to expand the hole by breaking another row of three blockswhich is facing towards the bridge.
4. To finish the collection system, connect the hoppers to chests by placing them in the hole. Then, cover the hoppers with carpets to prevent XP orbs from getting stuck in them.
5. Finally, for added protection, put a fence around your collection platform.
Create Tower for the Enderman Farm
1. Once the collection area is ready, place two temporary blocks on its surface and use them to build a new platform. It should also be 9 x 9 blocks in an area with a 5 x 5 hole in the middle. Both platforms should have a vertical gap of two blocks between them.
2. Then, place two layers of carpet on the two outer rows of blocks on the newly created platform. This will prevent Endermen from spawning on top of it. Once all the carpets are placed, you will be left with a carpetless border around the middle hole.
3. Use the uncarpeted area to place two temporary blocks vertically. Then create a single block boundary right above the uncarpeted area. It should surround the hole and have a two blocks gap from the platform below it.
4. Then, recreate the same single block border-like pattern again and again until you have a total of thirteen or them. All of them should have a two-block wide vertical gap between one another. Your final structure should look like this:
Create Enderman Spawn Area for Minecraft Farm
Before starting this part of the Enderman farm, it’s best to wear a pumpkin helmet on your head. If you don’t have it, please avoid looking into the eyes of the Endermen or hitting them, as they will attack you. The situation can go out of hand really quickly.
1. Use the 13th border to create a 31 x 31 platform. You can do so by placing 13 blocks on each side of the border and then connecting all of them.
2. Then, go to the middle hole and create an internal boundary by placing trapdoors. They should leave a hole in the middle. you should open these trapdoors when you are done placing them.
Make an Endermite Trap in Your Minecraft Farm
1. Once the trapdoors are placed, put a temporary block in the middle empty hole and place three more temporary blocks on top.
2. Then, put an iron bar on top of the topmost block and put a carpet on top of the iron bar with the help of temporary blocks on the side.
3. After placing the carpet, use some blocks to build a structure with a two-block surrounded area right above the carpet. We are using glass for better visibility but you can use any blocks as it’s a temporary structure.
4. Then, place a rail with a minecart on top of it within the empty area of the temporary structure.
5. After that, start throwing ender pearls in the empty minecart until you spawn an Endermite. You should have enough food to heal yourself at this step as using ender pearls causes damage. Also, when the Endermite finally spawns, use a name tag on it to make sure it doesn’t despawn.
6. Lastly, break all the temporary blocks and make the Minecart fall on top of the carpet. You might have to repeat the last step if the Minecart falls down, so be careful.
How Does the Minecraft Enderman Farm Work
The functionality of this farm is simple. Minecraft’s End dimension makes the Endermen spawn on top of the empty platform as there is no other reliable spot nearby. These Endermen notice the Endermite in the middle of the platform and rush right towards it. The trapdoors, to Endermen, look like reliable blocks to stand upon. But, if left open, they lead Endermen directly to the bottom of the farm structure.
At the bottom, the Endermen get a lot of fall damage. Then, you, the player, just have to hit them once to kill all the Endermen. you don’t even need a weapon for this task. As the Endermen die, you will get experience orbs while the hoppers beneath the carpets will collect Ender pearls.
How to Make Automatic Enderman Farm
There are multiple ways to convert the Enderman farm in Minecraft into an AFK automatic XP and Enderpearl farm:
- Using Magma: You can put magma blocks next to the trapdoors on the top level of the platform. The enraged Endermen will take extra damage alongside fall damage due to these blocks.
- With Lava: To kill the Endermen with lava, you can place signs inside any of the 13 border like structures. Then, you just have to put lava on top of them. When the Endermen fall, they will go through lava and receive additional damage.
- More Fall Damage: Lastly, you can also increase the height of your farm by creating more structures before the final platform. This additional fall damage will kill the Endermen as soon as they fall.
In all of the above-mentioned methods, you just have to sit at the bottom of the farm and collect XP by just being there. You can leave your platform running for a few minutes to get multiple levels worth XP and stacks of Ender pearls.
Frequently Asked Questions
How far does an Enderman farm in Minecraft need to be from the End island?
For it to function properly, an Enderman farm must be at least 128 blocks away from the main End island.
What attracts Enderman Minecraft?
Endermen are naturally attracted and hostile towards Endermites.
How far should an Enderman farm be?
The spawning platform of the Enderman farm should be at least 43 blocks above the base platform.
Make An Automatic Enderman Farm in Minecraft Right Now
With the Enderman farm ready, you can now teleport your way to any location in the world of Minecraft. At the very least, anywhere within the site. But if you want to teleport further, you have to learn how to teleport in minecraft. Meanwhile, if collecting Ender pearls isn’t your goal, the farm is still a fun and reliable way to gain XP. Though, you have to travel quite a long distance and in another dimension to use it. So, if you want an alternative, follow our guide to make a mob XP farm of Minecraft in the overworld too. Having said that, how are you going to kill your Endermen? Tell us in the comments below!