Since its release some time ago, CS2 has made a lot of noise. However, many players became concerned when they couldn’t find an official workshop or its maps in CS2. Since CS players rely a lot on custom maps, this was a kicker. There’s good news though: Valve just rolled out a new update that introduces Workshop Maps to Counter-Strike 2! These include surfing, bhopping, aim_botz to practice aiming and other customization cards. Let’s start learning how to add and play these cards in CS2 so we can get in on the action too.
Download and install CS2 workshop cards
Downloading and installing workshop maps in CS2 has been effortless thanks to now official support. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open Steam on your PC and go to Counterattack 2 from your game library.
- Do not start the game. Instead, look around under the Play button and click ‘Workplace.’ You also have access to the CS2 Workshop (visit) manually, but try opening it in Steam for easier access.
- You are now in the CS2 workshop. Search or choose a custom map and click here to go to the page. For example, I’m going to show you how to ‘target_botz.’
- On the workshop map page you have selected, click on the ‘Subscribe‘ knob. The download starts in Steam. Feel free to install more popular CS2 cards, but know that they will vary in size.
Start playing Counter-Stike 2 Workshop cards
- Launch Counter-Strike 2 from Steam.
- Now navigate to ‘Play > Workshop Cards’ in the game, as shown below. You can see all the CS2 workshop cards you have downloaded.
- Select the card you want to play. Then click on ‘To go‘. If you are asked to select the game mode, choose as needed on the card (usually select Custom) and click ‘To go‘ again.
- Your own CS2 Workshop Map game server is launching soon! If you bring friends into a custom lobby to play workshop maps, the map will automatically be downloaded for them.
And that’s how easy it is to play custom maps in Counter-Strike 2. Since the workshop has only just launched, you can keep up to date with some exciting additions in the near future. To help you even further, we have something exciting planned soon.
What do you think of the recent map update? Let us know in the comments below.