The battle royale genre has been the key proponent for the explosion of mobile gaming in recent years. With PUBG Mobile and Call of Duty Mobile having kept users engaged with skillful gunplay and exciting collaborations, mobile gamers have been waiting for the arrival of one of the best battle royale games on their devices. Yeah, we are talking about Apex Legends Mobile, a mobile port of the popular battle royale game on PC and console. This game has been under development and testing for almost two years now. Now, after multiple beta tests, the game’s developer Respawn Entertainment (under EA’s leadership) has announced that a soft launch for Apex Legends Mobile will happen soon in select countries.
Now, if you do not reside in one of the supported soft launch countries and want to try out Apex Mobile, worry not, as we have you covered. We will teach you how to pre-register for Apex Legends Mobile anywhere in the world, so you can jump into the game whenever it launches later in February. So, without ado, let’s dive right in.
Pre-Register for Apex Legends Mobile (February 2022)
Apex Legends Mobile Soft Launch Details
Respawn Entertainment, in partnership with Tencent, has been working on the Apex Legends Mobile port for some time now. The gaming company has held numerous beta tests across the world, including India, Singapore, Indonesia, and Hong Kong, earlier last year. And now, Respawn is gearing up to soft launch Apex Legends Mobile in multiple locations soon.
For those wondering about the release date of Apex Legends Mobile, there is no official information as of yet. The developer only shared a tweet with a list of the countries where the mobile game will launch in the coming days. The mobile game could arrive with the new season of the PC game, Season 12 Defiance, on February 8.
Apex Legends Mobile Soft Launch Supported Regions
If you are looking for a list of the countries where Apex Legends Mobile will soft launch and be available to play first, we have you covered. The battle royale mobile game will first arrive in 10 countries, from Mexico and Peru to Australia and New Zealand. Check out the complete list right here:
- New Zealand
Requirements to Pre-Register for Apex Legends Mobile
Before you get started with the process, here’s the essential requirement you need to fulfill to pre-register for Apex Legends Mobile:
1. A Compatible Android device
Yeah, the first thing you need to play Apex Legends Mobile is an Android smartphone. The soft launch is limited to Android at the moment, but there’s no clarity on the system requirements to run the game. However, as per the beta tests from last year, your phone needs to meet the following specification requirements:
- Processor: Snapdragon 625 or above
- RAM: at least 4GB (rumors suggest it has been optimized for 3GB phones)
- storage space: up to 2GB
- Android version: Android 6.0 and above
Now, you can always take a gamble and pre-register for Apex Mobile using this guide. You can then install the game once it’s available to see how it performs on your device.
2. A Good VPN Service
Now, before I tell you why we need a VPN, you must know that we tried using a VPN service to register for a new Google account, but the process asks for a local phone number. We even tried using an Indian phone number to complete the sign-up process, though that didn’t work. So, we are using a quick workaround to register a new Google account.
And in this workaround, you need a VPN to switch your Google account region. We suggest you do not switch the region for your personal account as the change applies for 365 days. You won’t be able to switch back to your native region for the said time.
Moreover, speaking of VPNs, you can either use a free VPN software like Tunner Bear or choose a paid alternative like NordVPN, which I have used in this tutorial. The only criterion that the VPN service needs to meet is that it lets you connect to one of the soft launch regions listed above. You can check out the best VPN services for Android from the linked article.
Sign Up for New Supported Google Account
The first step involves making a new Google account in any of the soft launch-supported regions. Since a lot of users rely on their mobiles for all Internet-related stuff, we will teach you how to create a Google account on your Android device without a local phone number. With that said, follow the steps below:
note: I’m using a OnePlus Nord running Android 11-based OxygenOS for this tutorial. Also, if you want more in-depth information on how to create a Google account and switch Play Store regionscheck our detailed guide linked here.
- On your Android device, navigate to Settings -> Google [account] and tap on the downward arrow next to your email address at the top. From the pop-up menu, tap the “Add another account” option at the bottom.
- Then tap on “Create account” at the bottom left of the screen and select the “For myself” option.
- Then, follow the on-screen instruction to create a new Google account to pre-register for Apex Legends Mobile. You will need to enter your first name, last name, date of birth, and gender. then, choose your email address and enter a password to complete the process.
- Now, listen carefully, as Google will ask you the most question on the next screen – Add phone number? And well, the answer is no. Scroll up and select the “Skip” option at the bottom left.
- Then, review your account information, hit “Next”, followed by the “I agree” button to accept the account creation terms and conditions. Voila! You have successfully created a new Google account.
How to Change the Google Play Store Region
Now, although you have created a new account, it’s for the region you reside in. To pre-register for Apex Legends Mobile, you will need to change the region to one of the supported soft launch regions mentioned above. Here’s how you can do that.
- First, pick the region you want to switch your account to and connect to a VPN service of your choice. For this demonstration, we will change the Play Store region from India to Singapore.
- Open the Play Store app and navigate to your newly created Google account from the profile switcher at the top right. Press on your profile iconfollowed by a tap on the downward arrow, and select your new email address.
- Next, tap on the profile icon again and select the “Settings” option. From the settings, move to “General -> Account and device preferences†
- Lord, tap the “Switch to the [location] Play Store” option and select “Continue” from the pop-up window to confirm the action.
- Now, Google Play store will ask you to change the payment method for the new region. Enter card details and PIN code for the region you are switching to (Note: you can enter random card details and still switch to the new region† For example – I see the “Switch to the Singapore Play Store” option above. I input the card details and tap the “Save” button. Then, you will see an error message (see screenshot below), but don’t worry. Move to the next step.
- Just close the Play Store app, force quit it from the multitasking screen, and reopen the app. Next move toGeneral -> Account and device preferences“, and you will see that your Play Store region has been changed successfully.
Pre-Register for Apex Legends Mobile on Android
Once you have signed up for a new Google account and changed the region, you can pre-register for Apex Mobile with ease. Here’s what the process looks like:
- Open the Play Store app on your Android phone. Tap your profile icon at the top right corner and move to the new Google account if you haven’t selected it already.
- Once you have logged into your new Google account, search for Apex Legends in the Play Store to see the game’s listing appear on your device. Lord, tap on the “Pre-registerbutton to sign up for the game ahead of its upcoming soft launch.
And voila! You have successfully pre-registered for Apex Legends Mobile on your Android phone. The game will be downloaded on your device automatically if you choose the “Install when available” option from the pop-up that appears after choosing the “Pre-register” option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Apex Legends available on mobile?
Yeah, Apex Legends is available on mobile devices but is limited to Android at the moment. Respawn Entertainment, in partnership with Tencent, has been working on Apex Legends Mobile for quite some time now. The company has held multiple beta tests across the world, including one in India, Singapore, Indonesia, and Hong Kong, last year. And now, Apex Mobile is gearing up for a soft launch in multiple locations soon.
How do I pre-register for Apex Legends on iOS?
Sadly, you can’t pre-register to play Apex Legends Mobile on iOS just yet. Respawn hasn’t shared an official timeline for an iOS release just yet. In a recent tweet, the developer said, “For all other legends (including iOS players), stay tuned for more!You can follow this detailed guide to pre-register for the game on your Android device, though.
How can I play Apex Mobile in the US or India right now?
If you want to install and play Apex Legends Mobile in an unsupported region like the USA or India during the soft launch period, we have compiled a handy guide to help you out. All you need to do is make a compatible new Google account and use a VPN to join the action right now. Follow the step-by-step instructions in our detailed guide to learn how to play Apex Mobile anywhere in the world.
Download and Play Apex Legends Mobile with Ease!
Legends, you now have the knowledge to bypass the geographical restrictions and play your favorite battle royale game on mobile without any hiccups. Of course, you will encounter random latency and ping spikes while playing the game over a VPN connection, but you will be able to experience the game before it officially lands in your country. Also, to refresh your memory, you get access to the same legends and weapons you love from the PC version in the mobile port. We already have a dedicated Apex Legends Mobile characters guide and an Apex Mobile gun guide for your reference on the Beebom website. So check it out while you wait for the game to be available for download on your Android device.