Download How to Save Snapchat Videos on iPhone and Android (2022) for free
Unlike most messaging apps, saving a video someone sent you isn’t as easy as you’d expect from Snapchat. The photos and videos you share on Snapchat are time-limited. Therefore, you only have a short window of up to 10 seconds to view the snap. However, if you want to extend the life of the content you send or receive, you can save the photo or video to Snapchat or your camera roll. However, we have outlined some methods that you can use to download Snapchat videos to your iPhone or Android phone. If you are interested, read on to learn how to save Snapchat videos.
Save Snapchat Videos (2022)
How to save your own Snapchat videos before sharing
1. Long press the shutter button to record video on Snapchat and wait until the preview screen appears. On the preview screen Tap the “Save” button in the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Snapchat now saves your video in the Snaps section of Memories in the app. To access memories, Tap the map icon next to the shutter button of the camera interface.
3. Long press on the saved video and Select “Export” from the list of options presented at the bottom of the screen. When the stock sheet appears Tap on the “Download” option to save the Snapchat video to your phone’s photo gallery. However, if you want to hide photos and videos from nosy friends or family, you can set up and use the My Eyes Only feature in Snapchat.
How to save Snapchat videos from your own story
If you’re looking for a way to save a video you’ve shared to your story, you can do that too. Follow the steps below to see how this works:
1. Open your profile page by tapping the Bitmoji icon in the top left corner of the screen. Then press the horizontal three-dot menu icon next to the My Story heading. When the pop-up appears from below, Select “Save History”.
2. You will then see a confirmation prompt stating that Snapchat will do this Save the whole story in your memories. Tap Yes to confirm. With this method, all your stories will be saved in the Memories section. You can also selectively save individual stories.
3. To save individual stories, on the profile page, tap the story you want to save and swipe up on the screen (or tap the three-dot vertical menu icon in the top-right corner). Then, tap on the “Save” button. in the lower left corner.
4. As mentioned earlier, you can now long press the video saved under “Reminders” and the “export” button. On the share sheet, tap the “Download” button to bring the Snapchat video to your camera roll.
How to Save Other Users’ Snapchat Videos (Without Expiration)
If someone sent you continuous Snapchat video i.e. videos without expiry timer, you have the option to save the video in the chat window. You can then download the saved video to your camera roll. Thats how it works:
1. Long press on a video someone sent you and Tap the Save to Chat option. You won’t see this option for images and videos that are set to play once before you send them. Once you save the video in the chat, Snapchat notifies the recipient and you both see the video in the conversation window.
2. Now long press again on the saved video and Select “Save to Camera Roll”. Again, Snapchat will tell the other person that you saved the video to your camera roll. The messaging app cares a lot about your privacy and this feature underscores the work it has done to protect your private photos and videos.
How to Save Other Users’ Snapchat Videos (With Expiration Timer)
Snapchat rightly doesn’t allow users to directly download videos that a user has sent them. If you still want to save the videos, you need to record your screen using your phone’s screen recording feature or rely on one of the best screen recording apps. We already have a detailed guide on how to record your screen on iPhone and iPad available for you on our website.
Now that’s worth mentioning User can get notification when you record their video or chat window on screen. For this reason, we do not recommend recording a video that someone sent you.
If you still want to proceed, all you have to do is start the screen recording before opening the Snapchat video you received from someone else. Since Snapchat will likely notify the other person, try this workaround at your own risk.
frequently asked Questions
Can You Save Others’ Snap Videos?
Snapchat doesn’t have a native way to download videos from other users. However, you can ask the sender to send videos in a loop or take a screenshot of someone else’s videos. If you get looping videos, Snapchat gives you the option to save them directly to your camera roll.
Can You Save Snapchat Videos Without Them Knowing?
Snapchat usually notifies the recipient when you record the video they sent you. You must therefore proceed at your own risk. We do not recommend recording Snapchat videos that someone sent you to save.
How do you save a Snapchat video someone sent you?
If someone sent you a video without an expiration timer, long-press it and select the Save In Chat option to make it available in the conversation window. Then you can long press the video again and select the “Save to Camera Roll” option.
Can You Use Airplane Mode to Secretly Save Snapchat Videos?
Previously, as a workaround, you could turn on Airplane mode on your iPhone or Android phone and take a screenshot of the chat window. You can also save snaps without the sender’s knowledge. However, Snapchat quickly recognized this gap and has since patched it. So the answer is no. You can no longer use airplane mode to secretly save videos or screenshot chats. Snapchat notifies the user as soon as you reconnect to the internet.
Easily save videos to Snapchat!
Snapchat’s decision to omit a save button from videos or photos that others send you is the right move from a privacy perspective if you ask me. These videos are meant to be private, and to this day the messaging app remains true to its ephemeral nature as there is no “save” function. You can always ask the sender for permission if you intend to save the videos or record the screen. Now, if you have any questions about saving Snapchat videos, let us know in the comment section below.