Download How to Split Bills on Google Pay in 2022 [Guide] for free
Last month at the Google for India 2021 event, Google announced his plans to include a bill-splitting feature in UPI payment app Google Pay. The company has now started rolling out this handy feature, and you can use it to split bills between your friends effortlessly. Here’s everything you need to know about using Google Pay’s bill splitting feature.
Split invoices on Google Pay (2022)
First, create a new Google Pay group
1. Open Google Pay and tap the “New Payment” button at the bottom of the screen. From the next page, tap “New group” to create a new group on Google Pay.
2. You will see the option to add contacts to your Google Pay group. You can use the search box or choose contacts from the “Recent Contacts” or “Google Pay Contacts” suggestions list. Choose the contacts and tap “Next” in the top right corner to continue.
3. You should now give the group a name and press the “Create” button to open it.
Splitting costs on Google Pay
1. Now that you’ve created a Google Pay group, you can start sharing accounts with your friends. start, press the “Split an expense” button, enter the total amount you want to split and tap “Next”.
2. You will now see the option to split between members from the group. There are options to split evenly or enter a custom amount for someone to pay. If someone in the group does not owe you any money, you can choose to deselect and split the total amount among the rest. You can also optionally add a description to quickly identify the release later. When you’re done, tap “Send request” to increase the payment request.
3. You can view the expense request from the group’s conversation window and check whether your friends paid the amount or not.
4. If you change your mind, tap the vertical three-dot menu icon in the top right corner and tap “Close request” to cancel the payment request you just made in the Google Pay app.
Delete a Google Pay group
1. Open the Google Pay chat group and tap the header to go to the settings page. Here you can manually remove members by tapping the ‘minus’ button next to the username. In the confirmation pop-up, choose “Remove from group”.
2. After you have removed all members, you can leave the group. To do this, tap “Leave group” and confirm your decision in the prompt that now appears.
Easily split bills on Google Pay
Google Pay’s bill-splitting feature makes it easy to track your expenses on a night out with your friends and make sure they don’t forget to pay you back. Since Google Pay is primarily a payment app, the payment process is also effortless, unlike most dedicated bill-splitting apps where you need an additional app to pay the bills. If you’re someone who uses other competing UPI apps like PhonePe, has bill splitting convinced you to switch to Google Pay? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.