Download How to Track Internet Usage on Windows 11 in 2022 (Guide) for free
No one likes waking up on a beautiful Sunday morning to realize that a system update has exhausted the fair usage limit on their data plan. Fortunately, Windows 11 comes with built-in features to monitor your internet data usage so you can keep track of which apps are consuming your internet data. In this article, you will learn how to track internet usage on your Windows 11 PC.
Track Internet Usage on Windows 11 (2022)
Viewing Internet Data Usage on Windows 11
1. Open the Settings app with the Keyboard Shortcut for Windows 11 “Win+I” and go to the “Network & Internet” section from the left sidebar. At the bottom of this page, click “Advanced Network Settings” in the right pane.
2. Now find the “Data Usage” option under the “More Settings” section and click on it.
3. You will now see the data you have used in the last 30 days in the top left corner. Here you have the option to switch between wired and wireless network modes from the right corner, in case you often use wired connections to access the internet. You can also see the network usage statistics per app on this page.
Reset Internet Data Usage on Windows 11
You can choose to reset data usage on Windows 11 for a fresh start. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Settings app, go to the ‘Network & Internet’ section on the left sidebar and click on ‘Advanced network settings’.
2. On the Advanced Network Settings page, choose “Data Usage” under “More Settings”.
3. Scroll down until you find the “Reset Usage Statistics” option and click the “Reset” button.
Set data limit on Windows 11
If you don’t have an internet connection with unlimited data, it’s a good idea to set a data limit to make sure you don’t exceed it. Your Windows 11 PC will notify you when your data limit for the month is nearly exhausted.
- To get started, open the Settings app, go to the “Network & Internet” section in the left sidebar, and click “Advanced Network Settings.”
2. Click “Data Usage” in the “More Settings” section.
3. In the top right corner, click on the button “Enter limit” just below the network type drop-down list.
4. In the pop-up that now appears, enter your desired data limit in the box and click “Save”. You can also choose between monthly, one-time or unlimited data limit types.
5. After you have set the data limit, you will see the percentage of data that you have used for the month on the “Data usage” page.
6. Now that you’ve set a data limit, you might want to consider turning on the “Metered connection” switch. This way you can reduce and limit the data usage on your Windows 11 PC.
Monitor data usage on your Windows 11 PC
The option to monitor internet data usage will help you get a better idea of the apps consuming your network data. If you’re wondering how your internet data is being used up quickly, we hope this guide has helped you find the cause. For other network related issues, check out our articles on how to fix the ‘Network discovery is disabled’ error in Windows 11 and Enable ‘Wake on LAN’ on Windows 11.