Apple’s Find My is a great feature that makes it easier to locate your lost or misplaced devices. You can use your iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPodsand other devices associated with your Apple ID. When you turn on Find My iPhone, you can have peace of mind knowing where your phone is. That said, there may be instances when you want to disable Find My iPhone so someone can track you. The most common examples are when you sell or donate your iPhone, trade in an older iPhone to buy a new one, or send your device in for repair. If you’re not sure when and how to do this, we’re here to help. In this article, we will tell you three ways to disable Find My iPhone. No more waiting, let’s get started on the task right away!
What happens if you turn off Find My for iPhone?
Find My iPhone helps you locate a lost or stolen device. When enabled, Find My iPhone lets you track your device’s location on a map, play a sound, and help you get its location back. Find My also includes an Activation Lock that prevents anyone from using your iPhone. When you turn off Find My iPhone, you lose all of these capabilities, which can make it difficult to recover your lost Apple device.
While Find My iPhone is extremely useful, you’ll need to turn it off if you want to sell, donate, trade-in, or ship your phone. battery replacement or another service. Doing this will ensure that no one has access to information about you.
Turn off Find My iPhone
If you plan to sell or give away your older iPhone, you will need to disable the Find My iPhone feature. This will remove your device from the list of devices associated with your device Apple ID account and prevent the new iPhone owner from accessing your location and other information. The best way to disable the Find My iPhone feature is to do it from that iPhone itself. This feature will only be disabled without wiping anything from the device. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap [Your Name] from the beginning.
- Visit now the Find my section and tap Find my iPhone.
- Switch here Find My iPhone Switch. You can also choose to disable Find my network And Send last location.
- Then enter your Apple ID password and tap Switch off from the top right corner of the screen. If you don’t remember the password, here’s how to do it reset Apple ID password.
- And that’s it. Find My iPhone is disabled on your phone.
Turn off Find My iPhone from another device
If you’ve already sold your iPhone or can’t use it because the screen is broken, you can disable Find My iPhone from another device. Specifically, you can use another iPhone, iPad, or Mac that you’re signed in to with your Apple ID. However, there is a caveat. When you use another device to disable Find My on your iPhone, it will erase everything from your device. So, you should only follow this method if you have backed up your important data or if you have lost your iPhone and cannot get it back.
Here’s how to disable Find My iPhone remotely without your phone.
Note: This will completely erase your iPhone. So make sure you do that backup your iPhone data prior to.
- Open the Find my app on your iPhone or iPad where you are signed in with the same Apple ID.
- Go to the Devices tab and tap the iPhone you want to turn off Find My for.
- If you’re on a Mac, tap your iPhone’s location on Maps. Just skip this step for iPhones and iPads.
- Swipe up and tap Erase this device.
- On the next screen, tap the Get on knob.
- Then press the To clear option in the top right corner.
- Enter your Apple ID password here and tap To clear.
Turn off Find My iPhone from Computer
If you don’t have your older iPhone or another iPhone/iPad signed into the same Apple iCloud account, you can disable Find My iPhone from any MacBook, Windows laptop, or PC. Think that this method will also erase everything on your iPhone. So make sure you have a backup recover your iPhone data on purpose. Otherwise you will lose all data. Here’s how to disable Find My iPhone from iCloud using a laptop or computer:
- Open iCloud.com in any web browser and press the To register knob.
- Enter your Apple ID credentials.
- Scroll down, click Find my.
- Choose your iPhone from the list of devices.
- Now click Erase this device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I turn off Find My iPhone without a phone?
If you don’t have your phone, you can use an iPad, Mac, or another iPhone signed in with the same Apple ID. You can also visit icloud.com on an Android device or a Windows laptop/PC to disable Find My iPhone.
2. How do I turn off Find My iPhone without a password?
There is no way to disable Find My on iPhone without your Apple ID password. If you don’t remember, you can reset your Apple ID password and then turn off Find My iPhone using your phone, another device, or a computer.
3. How do I enable Find My on iPhone?
Go to iPhone Settings -> [Your Name] > Find My > Find My iPhone. Then turn on the switch for Find my iPhone.
So these were the three methods to disable Find My iPhone. If you sell or donate your iPhone, be sure to turn off Find My so no one can track you. Although it is a simple matter, keep in mind that you will be backing up your important data when you use another device or a computer to disable Find My iPhone. Otherwise you will end up losing everything. If you have any doubts, you can always contact us via the comments below.