How to Update Windows 11 in 2022 (5 Methods)
Microsoft is constantly adding new features to Windows 11, which is forcing users to promptly update their PCs. The new builds are adding tabs in File Explorera new Bluetooth menu in Quick Settings, and much more. Overall, it’s an exciting time to be using Microsoft’s latest desktop OS. So if you have been sitting on the fence and now want to update Windows 11 to the latest build, we bring you 5 ways to get the newest update without any wait. Follow our tutorial and learn how to update Windows 11, overcoming all restrictions.
Five Methods to Update Windows 11 (2022)
We have mentioned multiple ways to update Windows 11 in this tutorial. You can update your PC from the Windows Settings or download a Microsoft tool to get the update right away. With that said, let’s dive in!
Update Windows 11 From Settings
The easiest way to update Windows 11 is through the Windows Settings page. You can download and apply the update on your Windows 11 PC with just a click. Here’s how it works.
1. First, press the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut †Windows + I” to open the Settings app. Next, navigate to the “Windows Update” section from the left sidebar.
2. Once here, click on”Check for updates† If there is an update available, it will show up here and will be downloaded automatically.
3. After that, the update will be installed, and you will be asked to restart your PC† Simply reboot your computer, and you will have updated your Windows 11 PC in no time.
Update Windows 11 Manually
You can also manually update Windows 11 by downloading the MSU file. It’s a Windows update file and can be installed like any other EXE program. This method can especially come in handy for users facing the “Undoing changes made to your computer” error on their Windows 11 computer. Here’s how to go about it.
1. First, press “Windows + I” to open the Settings app. Now, move to “Windows Update” from the left sidebar. Here, note down the update pack number that starts with “KB”†
2. Now, open catalog.update.microsoft.com and enter the update pack number that you just noted above into the search field† Then, hit Enter.
3. It will show you all the updates available for the particular update pack. Now, based on your system, whether it’s x64 or ARM-based, download the required update. For a majority of users, it will be x64†
4.After downloading the update, double click on the MSU file and install the update. Once it’s done, restart your computer, and you will have your Windows 11 PC updated to the latest build. That’s easy, right?
Update Windows 11 With Windows 11 Installation Assistant
You can also take advantage of the Windows 11 Installation Assistant to update Windows 11 to the latest build. It’s a tiny utility by Microsoft that checks for the latest builds and installs the update without having to wait for the update to hit your PC. This tool can also be helpful for users who want to apply Windows 11 feature updates as they are large builds. Follow the below guide for instructions.
1. Go ahead and download Windows 11 Installation Assistant from here†
2. Next, run the program, and it will check for an update. follow the on screen instructionsand it will start updating your Windows 11 PC.
3. After the download is complete, restart your PC and Windows 11 will be updated.
Update to Windows 11 From Windows 10
If you are still using Windows 10 and want to update to Windows 11 without losing your data, you can do so easily. We have already written a detailed guide on how to upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10, so follow the instructions in the linked article. Nevertheless, here we are going to briefly demonstrate the steps.
1. Head over to Microsoft’s website and download the Windows 11 Installation Assistant. It’s an all-in-one utility to easily upgrade your Windows 10 PC to Windows 11†
2. Next, run it and accept the terms and conditions. After checking your PC’s status, it will start downloading Windows 11.
3. Once the download process is complete, restart your computer to upgrade your PC to Windows 11 from Windows 10.
Update Windows 11 Without TPM
If your desktop or laptop does not come with a TPM chip, there’s nothing to worry about. You can seamlessly bypass the TPM requirement with Rufus and update Windows 11 without TPM. But do note that you will have to clean install Windows 11 on your PC† Here’s how to go about this method.
1. First, go ahead and download the ISO image or Windows 11 from here†
2. After that, download Rufus from here†
3. Next, launch Rufus and insert a USB thumb drive into your PC. Rufus will detect the USB drive automatically. Now, click on “Select” and choose the Windows 11 ISO image.
5. Finally, click on”Startat the bottom.
6. After the flashing process is complete, close Rufus and restart your PC. As your PC boots up, start pressing the boot key continuously. As for the detailed steps, follow our guide on how to install Windows 11 from USB†
note: On HP laptops, pressing the “Esc” key during startup brings up the Startup menu. For other laptops and desktops, you will have to look for the boot key on the Internet. It should be one of these: F12, F9, F10, etc.
7. Now, select the USB drive on which you flashed the Windows 11 ISO and hit Enter.
8. The Windows Installer will open up. Lord, select the partition where you want to install Windows 11and the installation will begin right away without any errors.
9. After the installation is complete and you have rebooted your PC, you will be updated to Windows 11 without TPM or Secure Boot requirements.
Install Windows 11 Updates on Your PC Seamlessly
So these are the five different methods you can employ to update Windows 11 on your computer. For most users, Windows Settings can get things done, but if you don’t want to wait, you can always download the Windows 11 Installation Assistant and upgrade your PC right away. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you want to learn how to uninstall apps on Windows 11, follow our linked tutorial. And if you want to update drivers on Windows 11, we have a handy guide for that as well. Finally, if you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.