Spider-Man 2 introduces some new mechanics that will make you feel more like a web-slinger than ever before. One of these includes the highly anticipated Super Slingshot, which was shown in the gameplay trailers. This is a brand new traversal system that allows both Peter and Miles to build tension through their webs and fly into the air to gain momentum. Super Slingshot looks cool and lets you zip through the concrete jungle of New York City with ease in Spider-Man 2 (read review).
Now you can’t unlock this skill, and the game requires you to unlock it with skill points. In this article, we share the process of using Slingshot launch in Spider-Man 2.
Unlock Super Slingshot in Spider-Man 2
Like other flashy abilities in the game, you’ll need to unlock the Super Slingshot to use it. Once unlocked, both Peter and Miles can use it freely and don’t have to worry about unlocking it for each spidey individually. Moreover, the best part is that it is an opening skill and the easiest to obtain. Follow the steps below to obtain the Super Slingshot skill:
- Open the game menu by pressing the DualSense touchpad. This will open the map and any associated menu.
- Press R2 and navigate to the “Skillstab. This is where the skill tree lies.
- In Spider-Man 2 you have three skill trees. Two individual skill trees for Miles and Peter, and one shared for both Spider-Men. Select the shared skill tree to achieve this skill.
- You will see “Catapult Launch‘ at the top of the skill tree. It only requires one skill point, so select and unlock it to start using this cool skill.
Congratulations, you have now unlocked the Slingshot Launch ability in Spider-Man 2. This allows you to launch the characters into the air and instantly gain speed. In addition, this skill allows you to quickly cover a significant distance in the city. Super Slingshot is perfect if you want your… web wings in Spider-Man 2 and start flying.
Use the Super Slingshot in Spider-Man 2
Now that you’ve unlocked the skill, it’s time to know how to use it. There are mainly in two ways you can use the Super Slingshot in Spider-Man 2. Both scenarios work pretty much the same, with one requiring additional steps. In both cases, however, you perform the same steps and find yourself throwing away buildings within seconds.
1. Launch pad catapult
The first way to properly use the catapult launch is through the numerous launch pads available in the game. While these may feel tacky at first, they serve their purpose. Follow the steps to use it.
- Start wandering around NYC and look for a Slingshot Launch Pad. It will appear on your minimap, indicated by the catapult icon.
- Hold at the launch pad L2 And X to start the Super Slingshot process. Once it reaches its furthest point, release it to fly through the air.
2. Catapult using structures
While launch pads are one of the ways to use this ability, you can use Super Slingshot whenever you want. It wouldn’t make much sense to tie such an essential displacement technology to a launch pad and limit its capabilities. So you can use it if you have enough buildings around you to stick the web to. This is how it works:
- Make sure you have buildings or a floor below you. This is essential because the strap needs to stay attached to something.
- Delay L2 And X to build up the tension. Release it to launch the spider into the air and start flying.
By following these steps, the spidey can catapult itself and start using its web wings. Alternatively, you can also swing through the buildings faster. These are the steps to use the Super Slingshot Launch in Spider-Man 2. Have you tried this new skill in the game? What do you think about it? Let us know in the comments below.