Earlier this year, Riot Games promised us something new with the Valorant Premier League. And they didn’t disappoint with the beta and inflammatory phases. Now that Valorant Premier has officially concluded Phase 1, the action will begin in November Episode 7, Act 3 again. With many changes to the enrollment and practice mode, we have covered all the details you need to know about Valorant Premier. So let’s jump in and understand what the Valorant Premier League is, along with its schedule, rules, rewards, divisions and more.
What is Premier in Valorant?
Premier is an advanced rank mode for Valorant players. It is similar to the CS2 Premier Rank Mode or Team Rank Mode in Dota 2. Through Premier Mode, Tier 3 teams or basic players get a bigger platform to perform and show off their skills. Participating in all stages of Premier gives players and teams a pathway to the VCT Challengers.
According to Leo Faria, Global Head of Esports at Valorant, the Valorant Challengers requirement now requires placement in the Premier Contender Division and not normal ranks. This will help some teams enter the Valorant Champions Tour 2024. So let’s take a look at the rules and rewards of the game mode.
Valorant Premier League Rules
- Enrollment in Premier is simple. You can invite your friends or players to play with you in a team you create. Then you can queue together during the match queue period. Please note that even if the owner is offline, other team members may be in the queue for a Premier game.
- Match queue rules: All players on the team must verify their phone numbers via SMS verification. Additionally, if a player has had an AFK or connection ban in the last 30 days, he or she will not be allowed to compete until the ban is lifted. Please also note that if a player is banned from communicating due to disruptive behavior, he or she will not be able to participate in Premier for the remainder of the phase. If you think you can do it change your Valorant namethat won’t work in this case.
- Rules for Playoffs and Weekly Tournaments: You can play weekly or playoffs for only one team with one account. Any five players from your seven-player team can participate in the tournament, and anyone can leave the team whenever he or she wants. You’ll even receive the reward if you qualify after leaving the team. Teams earn 100 points for a weekly match win and 25 points for a loss in the Premier game mode. The teams have to earn 675 points to qualify for the Playoffs on December 17, 2023.
- Gameplay and Overtime Rules: The weekly matches in Premier are in the best-of-1 format. Teams will be given a 1-minute timeout and one additional timeout in overtime. The games in Premier follow the 13-round win format. However, overtime is slightly different. The first team that get 12 rounds will receive a majority vote to choose the side to begin the overtime. To win in overtime, each Valorant Premier team must win two consecutive rounds. The teams alternate each round and the overtime ends in sudden death after 2 sets of overtime.
Valorant Premier Schedule (Episode 7, Act 3)
Valorant Premier Release Date
The Premier Global Beta was released in April 2023. After a successful beta, the Valorant Premier Ignition phase started and lasted until August 13, 2023. After the Ignition Playoffs, it was time for Phase 1 of the Premier League. That didn’t last long, as Riot officially announced that the premier would take place right afterward Evaluation of 2023 champions finals on August 29, 2023. Valorant Premier Stage 1 started on September 7, 2023 and ended on October 22, 2023.
With this, Riot Games has announced many new changes to the Premier model. With the announcement, Riot also shared the new schedule for the new Valorant premier season. The Match Week starts on November 1, 2023 and ends on December 17, 2023.
Match queue dates and times
Queue times for matches depend on your time zone. The usual times are in the evening according to your local time. The times for Premier matches may be between 5:00 PM and 9:30 PM in your local time. However, these times are subject to change depending on in-game updates, servers or technical issues. That is why it is always advisable to go to the “Team Hub‘ section in the game to double-check the timings.
The queue map changes every week. Premier teams can play two matches on each map weekly. The cards are reset every week on Tuesday. In between the competition days you also get days off for practice matches. The map rotation depends on the week you select. If you can get in line early, you can catch both games of the week on the same day. The Valorant Premier dates for Phase 1 are:
- Registration: You can register every week one day prior to the Competition Week.
- Week 1: November 1 – November 5 Divide
- Week 2: November 8 – November 12 Sunset
- Week 3: November 15 – November 19 Ascent
- Week 4: November 22 – November 26 Wind
- Week 5: November 29 – December 3 Tie
- Week 6: December 6 – December 10 Lotus
- Week 7: December 13 – December 16 Refuge
- Playoff Tournament: December 17
Valorant premier leagues
Premier mode is divided into five divisions. Each division is further divided into five ranks, except the last Contender Division. In the Valorant Premier League, the divisions from low to high are:
- Open (1 – 5)
- Intermediate (1 – 5)
- Advanced (1 – 5)
- Elite (1 – 5)
Each division also determines a team’s MMR, according to Riot. Your team’s division is calculated based on the MMR of the top five players on your team. You can invite any ranked player to your team, unless their rank changes your team’s division. In that case, an error message will appear when you invite that player. Additionally, the MMR will progress to future phases, but the division, zone or enrollment will not. This means that you will have to register again in the next phase.
Valorant Premier Rewards
There are four known rewards for participating and winning in Valorant Premier. You will receive the rewards one day after the last day of competition, on December 17, 2023. Your reward will go into your collection if you qualify. The rewards for Premier are:
- A player card
- Rifle friend
If you participate in even one game, you will receive a player card. If you play two matches a week with your team, you can do that get a comb. The emblem reflects the overall team performance. Your weapon will also evolve during the stages of the first game modes. If you win a match, you get a weapon buddy and a winner’s title.
Overall, Premier is a great initiative to give upcoming players the opportunity to showcase their talents and climb the ladder. Your achievements in Premier will also continue into the next phase and will be available on your career page. We hope to have answered all your important Premier-related FAQs, but if you have any questions, please ask them in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the duration of the Playoff Queue in Valorant Premier?
15 minutes. There will now be a 15 minute time period. Once you get in line, you have to wait 15 minutes to find the best possible opponent. You will have to stay in the queue to find a match.
What is practice mode in Premier?
There are special practice areas during competition weeks. Teams are allowed to line up for practice matches on these days. The days are determined on non-competition days during a first competition week. Practice matches follow the main rules, but do not award points or rewards.
How does the Playoff seeding work?
Teams with high scores are given priority in the play-offs. This means that the playoff points are now more valuable as they will determine your matchups in the final stages.