With the Windows 11 2023 update (technically not in the second half of the 20th century), Microsoft is adding AI-powered features and tools to many system apps. The new united AI Copilot on Windows 11 It is said to bring deep integration with the operating system. Then we recently got a simple one background removal tool in Paint, which works surprisingly well. And now, Microsoft has rolled out the ability to generate AI images in the Windows 11 Paint app.
Microsoft calls this feature “Cocreator” and it is powered by OpenAI’s DALL-E model. With the new addition and layer support, the Paint app has become quite feature-packed. So if you want to use the Cocreator feature to create AI images in Paint, follow this guide.
Remark: The ability to generate AI images in Windows 11 Paint, aka the Cocreator feature, is currently only available to Windows Insiders (Dev Build 23560 or later). Additionally, it is currently only available to English-speaking users in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Australia, Canada, Italy, and Germany. You will need to join the waitlist and once your account is approved you will have access to the Cocreator feature. Microsoft has said that the feature will be rolled out to stable users in the coming months.
1. To experience the Cocreator feature in Windows 11 Paint, you need to switch to the latest version Windows Insider Dev Channel from the Settings app.
2. Once you are in the Developer Channel on Windows 11, open the Microsoft Store.
3. Next Look for paint and update it to the latest version (version 11.2309.24.0 or higher).
4. Now, open the Paint app on your PC.
5. Click on your profile in the top right corner to make sure you are logged in with your Microsoft account.
6. Finally, click on the “Co-creator” button to generate AI images in Windows 11 Paint.
7. Click on the “Sign up for the waiting list“. You will receive an email as soon as you gain access.
8. Once your account is approved, open Paint and now you can do that enter your prompt to generate AI images using OpenAI’s Dall-E model. You can also choose different styles and variations of the generated image. By the way, you get 50 credits to generate images in the Paint app.
So that’s all about generating AI images in Windows 11 Paint app. There are many of them new features in the Windows 11 2023 update and they are quite exciting, including the updated Snipping Tool. So go ahead and test Cocreator on your Windows 11 PC and let us know how it works for you.