Download How to Get Carrots in Minecraft (2022) for free
Among the staple foods in Minecraft, carrots have a special position. Their ability to relieve hunger is comparable to bread, and the efforts to grow them are minimal. But that doesn’t mean it’s easy to run into carrots in this sandbox game. Therefore, we will discuss how to get roots in Minecraft using the easiest possible methods. From growing to trading, we’ve covered it all in this guide. All our methods work the same on both Minecraft Bedrock and Java Editions. Unlike crops like wheat, carrots have no seeds in play, which means that we can only come across this food item as a whole. But once you have roots in Minecraft, you can plant, modify, and use them in a variety of ways. Though that’s for later. Now let’s see how to get roots in Minecraft.
Getting Roots in Minecraft (2022)
There are multiple ways to use or obtain a carrot in the game. You can use the table below to find the one that interests you most.
Three Best Ways to Get Carrots in Minecraft
These are 3 unique ways to get roots in Minecraft, and we will discuss each of them in detail.
If you continue with the unique traits, you can get carrots by killing various mobs in the game. These include zombies, chaff, and zombie villagers. All of these have a low but probable chance of dropping carrots when killed. Note that this only works if the mobs are attacked by a player or a wolf. Any other attack like TNT can cause you to lose carrots.
In some cases, you can also find roots while looting chests. The chests that spawn with carrots can be found in:
- Looters Outposts
- Bonus Chests (Bedrock only)
Of these, Pillager Outposts have the highest probability of containing chests with roots in them.
Collection by Breaking
If you see carrots growing on a village farm, you can: collect them by breaking them. If you use a tool to break them, you get at least 2 carrots of any mature plant. This is the easiest way to get roots in Minecraft. However, keep in mind that village farms only have a 20% chance of spawning with carrots. So you may have different Minecraft village seeds until you get the right one.
How to Use Carrots (Seeds) in Minecraft
Besides eating it yourself, you can also use carrots to feeding pigs and rabbits. Some players also use it for trading and composting. You can even use it to make night vision drink by converting it to a golden carrot. To top it off, you can also make a rabbit stew and a carrot on a stick. But that’s for when you’ve had enough. For now, let’s learn how to grow more carrots in Minecraft.
1. First, look for grass or earth blocks. These blocks are the basic blocks that can be used for farming after some adjustments.
2. Then you should: make a hoe. This hoe can work soil and grass blocks so that we can farm with it. You only need tool blocks like wooden planks or iron and 2 sticks to make a hoe. Once you have them, open your Craft table in Minecraft and place wooden sticks in the middle cells of the second and third rows. After that, place the wooden planks in the first two cells of the top row of the crafting area. With this recipe, your wooden hoe is ready.
3. Now use our newly created hoe by right clicking on the soil blocks while equipping the hoe. Doing this will immediately change the texture of the soil or block of grass, indicating that it has been worked. Make sure there is water nearby, otherwise the tilled soil will turn back into a soil block.
4. Finally equip the carrot and right click on the edited block to plant it. If you do this, the seed will be sown immediately. Then you just have to wait for the root to grow.
Easily find and grow carrots in Minecraft
So you are ready to get roots in Minecraft and use them to create a reliable farm for your world. If you’re wondering what the location of this farm is, we’ve already talked about the best basic build minecraft seeds for creating such bases in the game. But they won’t work on the new one Minecraft 1.18 Update. So, if you are using the new version of the game, be sure to try our list of best minecraft 1.18 seeds instead of. From glitched locations to awesome spawn points, there’s a lot for you to explore. As for the carrots, they are easily one of the most popular in-game foods. But are they also your favorite? Share your favorite Minecraft foods in the comments section.