Blocking is often the easiest way out of an awkward or potentially angry conversation. However, there are times when we block someone out of temporary anger on messaging apps like Snapchat. Have you anger blocked someone on Snapchat? If so, are you looking for a way to unblock them? If your answer is yes, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we have outlined the steps on how to unblock someone on Snapchat on your iPhone or Android device.
Block or unblock someone on Snapchat (2022)
If this reminded you of someone you were planning to block, we’ve got the instructions for how to block a Snapchat user too. All you need to do is use the table below and move on to the “Block Someone on Snapchat” section of the article. That said, let’s get started.
How to Unblock a Snapchat User (Android and iOS)
1. Open Snapchat and tap your Bitmoji icon in the top left corner of the screen. When your profile page appears, press the Settings icon in the upper right corner.
2. Scroll down until you find “Blocked” under the “Account Actions” section and tap it. Now you’ll see a list of all the Snapchat users you’ve blocked over the years. Press the ‘x’ icon next to their Snapchat Display Name to unblock the user.
3. From the confirmation prompt that appears, choose “Yes”, and you’re done. You have successfully unblocked the person on Snapchat.
How to Block Someone on Snapchat
If you’re looking for a way to block someone harassing you on Snapchat, follow the steps below:
1. From the chats screen, which you can access from the bottom navigation bar, long press the contact you want to block and tap “More”. When the expanded context menu appears, tap “Block” to pause all contact with that person.
2. You will now see a confirmation prompt asking you to make sure you really want to block the person. Tap “Block” again, and you’re done. The blocked person will then no longer be able to contact you via Snapchat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What happens if you block and then unblock someone on Snapchat?
When you block and unblock someone, they are removed from your contact list. You must add the person again to be able to send messages and Snaps.
Q: When you unblock someone on Snapchat, do they get notified?
No, Snapchat will not notify the person if you unblock them.
Q: Can you see Snapchat messages after unblocking someone?
The old chat history is available on both the sender and recipient side. However, it’s worth noting that messages you send when the person is blocked will not be delivered when they unblock you.
Q: How do I know if someone has blocked me on Snapchat?
You can find out if someone has blocked you by checking your contact list and searching for their username. You can also ask your friend or use a secondary account to check if their username shows up in the search results.
Block or unblock someone on Snapchat
The method of blocking or unblocking someone on Snapchat is fairly straightforward, but new users may find it difficult to find the option to unblock Snapchat users. If you were one of those users, let us know in the comments below if you found this guide helpful. In the meantime, we also have a special article to help you find out if someone has blocked you on Snapchat.