With iOS 17, Apple Music gets a much-needed redesign and interesting features. You can now Crossfade between songs And view song credits in the Apple Music app. Additionally, the first beta of iOS 17.2 brings a long-requested feature: collaborative playlists to the Apple Music app. You can now create playlists in Apple Music where you and your friends can add, reorder, and delete the songs. Perfect for a house party or road trip where everyone can listen to their favorite songs without constantly switching between multiple playlists. This way you get the most out of your Apple Music subscription. In this short, practical guide, we’ll tell you how to create collaborative playlists on Apple Music, where multiple people can add music together.
Create a playlist on Apple Music on iPhone
Before we learn how to collaborate on a playlist, let’s take a moment to learn how to create a playlist on Apple Music. Although the process is quite simple, beginners may find it overwhelming. Here’s how to create a playlist in Apple Music:
- Open the Apple Music app on your iPhone.
- Go to the Library tab from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap here Playlists and choose the New playlist choice.
- Give your playlist a name and tap the To create choice.
- Now tap Add music and choose the songs you want to add.
- After adding music, tap Finished. And that’s it!
Create collaborative playlists on Apple Music on iPhone
Note: Currently, collaborative playlists are only available in iOS 17.2 Beta 1.
Now that you know how to create a playlist, let’s see how to create collaborative playlists on Apple Music so you and your friends can add to the same playlists. The process is simple, but not easily traceable. Here are the steps to do this:
- Open the Apple music app on your iPhone and tap Library from the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the playlist you want to invite your friends to.
- From here, tap the three dots (top right of the screen) and tap To collaborate.
- Press on the Start collaboration knob.
- A link will be created to the playlist and your friends/family who have the link can add music. You can share this link via AirDrop, Messages, SharePlay and other options.
- You can also choose to invite people to this collaborative playlist on Apple Music via a QR code. To do this, tap the three dots at the top right and choose Manage collaboration. From here you can access the QR code option and then tap Finished.
You can share the QR code with your friends to invite them to collaborate on your Apple Music playlist.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you create collaborative playlists on Apple Music?
Yes, you can finally create collaborative playlists on Apple Music. It’s worth noting that this feature is currently only available in the first beta of iOS 17.2. Currently, no other iOS versions support this feature.
2. Can multiple people edit Apple Music playlists on iPhone?
On iPhones running iOS 17.1 Beta 1, multiple people can edit Apple Music playlists.
3. How do I create my playlist collaboratively?
To make your Apple Music playlists work together, open the playlist and tap the three dotsto elect To collaborate, and then tap Start collaboration.
That was all from our side about creating collaborative playlists on Apple Music. It’s good to see Apple finally offering a long-requested feature to its music lovers. While this feature is currently available in the initial beta version of iOS 17.2, collaborative Apple Music playlists will soon find a permanent home in the stable version of iOS 17.